question

W. Calderwood avatar image
W. Calderwood asked

Google Play Services login when downloaded from the Amazon App Store?

Should it be possible to log in to Google Play Services when an app is downloaded from the Amazon app store? On a device with Play Services installed of course? When I try to log in to play services it displayed the login animation but never successfully connections. I'm not sure what the error is? Do Amazon makes changes to the apk when it's uplaoded? I've turned off DRM incase that's what was causing it, but that didn't help. Do I need to add it as another linked app in the Google Play Developer Console? If so, how can I download the apk to my PC after uploading it to amazon to get the SHA1 certificate?
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Calderwood, I tried your app to run in Nexus 7 after downloading from Amazon App Store. It gave me below error while logging in to Google+ 06-23 15:32:58.752 891-30403/? E/SignInIntentService﹕ Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project. ebw at dwp.a(SourceFile:146) at dfx.a(SourceFile:390) at dfx.a(SourceFile:371) at dex.a(SourceFile:719) at ecp.a(SourceFile:250) at com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesSignInIntentService.onHandleIntent(SourceFile:389) at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java:65) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136) at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61) 06-23 15:32:58.752 30132-30132/? E/LoadSelfFragment﹕ Unable to sign in - application does not have a registered client ID Is your integration good? Does it work in an app distributed through Google play?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

W. Calderwood avatar image
W. Calderwood answered
Hi, The application works fine through Google Play. Are Amazon are making some changes to the apk? As that would cause the authorisation to fail.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, We sign your app with Amazon's certificate that is unique for your Amazonian account. Did you update the fingerprint information (SHA-1) of the new cert that is used to sign your app which is distributed through App Store? You need to file a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) to get the SHA-1 of the cert for your app.
10 |5000

IMJK avatar image
IMJK answered
Hi, Did you managed to solve the problem? I have the same issue, I got the SHA1 from amazon bot I do not know how to continue. Please help. Thank you!
10 |5000

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello, As far as we know the only two Google Play Services APIs that work on Amazon devices would be Ads and Google Analytics. As for how to add the SHA1, you would add the SHA-1 and package name in the Google Developer's console as you would if you were to add your own certificate hashes for authorization. https://console.developers.google.com/project Click on your app, click on APIs and Auth, and then click on Credentials, and edit your Android Client settings and add your package name and signature there.
10 |5000