question

JBachand avatar image
JBachand asked

Suggestion: launch word "set"

Having a launch word with the name "set" would make apps run better with a single utterance. EX: Alexa, set 'Mailbox' to read... Mailbox is the app name in this example and read is the utterance that is passed to the endpoint. Most of the feedback I've gotten is the app launching is a dealbreaker, and we can trick users this way to not even know they are launching a specific app by using the correct launch names.
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse answered
I agree that app launching is kind of awkward. It takes a lot of words before you get to the point. I'm thinking that a single app that can do lots of things is a good approach. I've called my test app "my assistant". So I can say "Alexa, ask my assistant to ...". It feels a little more natural, like I'm talking to a secretary or something. I could then use the single app to trigger lots of different functions, like a launcher.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.