question

Venkata R Alladi avatar image
Venkata R Alladi asked

Invoking echo from external source

Is there anyway we can invoke echo device from external source from like web, mobiles or databases? R
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I found it's pretty easy to activate the Echo from a recording. Caused me all sorts of pain while editing my videos. :-) I had thought of a basic phone->Echo interface by getting the phone to actually activate it. Figured it might be a good way to demonstrate functionality of the product to someone. [I put in a feature request for the Echo to recognize dialing tones. So that it could communicate, QR-code style, with devices.] But right now, no, there is no way to do that.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Venkata R Alladi avatar image
Venkata R Alladi answered
That's great. Hope we'll get this feature soon. Thanks R
10 |5000

benrady avatar image
benrady answered
Just confirmed that you can control it with OS X's `say` command. Which is pretty awesome.
10 |5000