question

April L. Hamilton avatar image
April L. Hamilton asked

Submission Form Addition Suggestion For Alexa Skills

It would be really great if there were a Notes About This Skill memo field available to devs when we submit our Skills. With every single submission, I've had the cert team come back to ask for corrections or changes on something that was done [i]by design[/i] in my Skill, and once I explain it in the return email the cert team says, "Oh, that makes sense. Never mind." An Utterances Notes field would be great too, since very often the cert team doesn't seem to notice that "new" Utterances they're asking for are already there and assigned to a different Intent in the same Skill---and that again, [i]this is by design[/i]. I've had many requests for "new" Utterances when those Utterances are already assigned to a different Intent in my Skill, but have never been asked to re-assign one of my existing Utterances to a different Intent. I'm sure all of us devs are putting a LOT of thought and care into our Skills' designs and Utterance/Intent Schema, because the limitations of the platform demand it. Having to explain the thought processes behind our Skills [i]after the fact[/i] is frustrating, and the cert team ends up wasting their time documenting, and asking for changes on, things they initially perceive as errors or design flaws which later turn out to be purposeful choices on the dev's part. Message was edited by: April L. Hamilton
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Thanks for your suggestion, we've passed it onto the appropriate team. -Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.