question

Colin W Wightman avatar image
Colin W Wightman asked

IFTT

For those of us who would like to build skills that produce something other than text/speech, it would tremendously helpful if the Response Object could contain something like an IFTTTObject so that the skill response could trigger an IFTT recipe. This would let us do all sorts of cool things like turning Hue lights on, playing audio, etc.
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse answered
Using the Maker channel, you can write a custom Skill that triggers any action you wish. I plan to create this is a fully-functional Skill for others to use. I bought the domain EchoTTT.com quite a while ago in anticipation of this integration, but I just haven't fully built it yet. :)
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark E. Fogle avatar image
Mark E. Fogle answered
As Matt mentioned, the IFTTT "Maker" channel is a great way to do what you're talking about. I've put together a basic Lambda that passes through up to 3 Slot values (limitation based on the Maker channel) that can then be used by whichever Recipe is set up to handle the request. More details (including Lambda code and sample IFTTT recipes) are available at https://github.com/mefogle/AtoIFTTT.
10 |5000