question

Todd Hoff & Linda Coleman avatar image
Todd Hoff & Linda Coleman asked

Identify specific people by voice print

A household has many people that can use the Echo. Having a userid per household is not that useful. It would be great to have a user management component that tagged each utterance with the identify of the user based on their voice print.
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
I believe this is done with Profiles already. For example, my SO's voice isn't recognized when Echo is in my profile. She has to say "Alexa, switch profiles" and have Echo to go to her profile before Echo really understands what she's saying.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Todd Hoff & Linda Coleman avatar image
Todd Hoff & Linda Coleman answered
It's good profiles are there, but the overhead of switching profiles makes the experience awkward and unnatural. Alexa can just know. Also for security issues like preventing purchases from children, for example, the manual switching doesn't work.
10 |5000

Jeff W avatar image
Jeff W answered
it should be some research topic on the double talker and triple talker issue, would be neat if they can solve the voice identification problem
10 |5000