question

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta asked

Launch Intent for Service Simulator

It's nice to see you making the effort to catch up with EchoSim. To that end, I would just that if a user enters a blank string into the Service Simulator that you send a "Launch Request" to the app. Currently there isn't a way to send that without hand editing the JSON.
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Templar avatar image
Templar answered
If you entered the launch phrase, "open ", or similar, the LaunchRequest is returned as expected.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Well spotted! I can confirm that works for me too. So I guess my request is for a text update on the page to let people know this.
10 |5000

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
Confirming that all launch phrases can be used to test the onLaunch function of your skills in the Alexa Service Simulator. More information on launch phrases can be found here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/docs/supported-phrases-to-begin-a-conversation.
10 |5000