question

Robert Hawkins avatar image
Robert Hawkins asked

Add synchronous javascript processing to Lambda, like DecafJS or SilkJS

Node.js is horrible for its callback hell. There's no real point of asynchronous calls for most things that a web service does. This is a holdover from when node was the only js server out there and people had no choice but to use it for everything, even applications that it was dreadfully unfit for. Much better to use a javascript server that does synchronous execution of code. If you haven't used one, you owe it to yourself to start. Async, then, promises... not necessary. I've been using DecafJS (and its binary predecessor SilkJS) for several years and it is such a better model. Amazon should really consider it for Lambda functions. This is what I'm using on an EC2 server at the moment: https://github.com/decafjs/decaf
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for posting, and apologies for the delay in response! I passed this feedback on to the team, and it looks like this is in the road map. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch! Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.