question

smallscreensw avatar image
smallscreensw asked

Issues With Developer Portal: Wrong E-mail, "Upcoming Version" of App Stuck

Hi, folks: I tried bringing the following issues up on the Amazon Developer web portal, but have gotten no response, so I'm hoping I will get one here. 1. My e-mail address is incorrect. It should be listed as " smallscreensw@hotmail.com" but when I visit the Contact Us page, it shows an old e-mail address, " smallscreensw@yahoo.com". I have not been able to find a way to correct this. 2. I tried updating an update to the app Checkbook Genius 3 several weeks ago. As far as I was able to tell, the uploading page did not register any issues with it, but the status for the newly updated Android executable file reads "Pending Action". It has been at this status for at least two weeks. This new version of the app has some significant improvements and I am eager to get it out to the Amazon App Store. I like the concept of the Amazon Developer Portal and the UI is definitely in place, but getting responses from administrators behind the scenes and having app submissions processed in a timely manner has been disappointing. I hope Amazon works on this. P.S.: When I clicked the "Preview" button, all it shows is the Subject line, no body text. Thought I'd lost all I'd typed...scary.
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Melody avatar image
Melody answered
Hi, As a general note, when your app is in "Pending Action" status, it means that an issue was observed during the testing and review process for your app that needs to be addressed before the review process can continue. When this happens, an Amazon feedback email is sent to your main contact email address on record with further details. In your case, it looks like the Amazon feedback email was sent to your old email address. Your account email address was updated and we have requested that another copy of your "Pending Action" feedback email be sent to your new email address. Again, we must stress that this is a public forum and we are limited in what we can share with you, especially as this matter concerns your personal and proprietary information. Please feel free to raise another 'Contact Us' case for assistance and further details.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Melody avatar image
Melody answered
Hi, Thank you for contacting us. Please be aware that the main contact email address listed on your company's profile page is the one used for all Amazon correspondence, including Amazon feedback results for app testing and review. If you have changed email addresses (as it sounds like you have), please reach out to us via our Contact Us form ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html ) while signed into your Amazon developer's account. This will allow us to validate your identity before we assist in making this change to your profile information. As for your second question, since this is a public forum, we do not discuss the details of specific applications to protect your personal and proprietary information. Please open a "Contact Us" case while signed into your Amazon developer's account. This will allow us to validate your identity and discuss app specific information in a context that will not expose your personal and proprietary information. Thanks! Thanks!
10 |5000

smallscreensw answered
Dear Melody - or whoever else this may concern: I sent the following note to the "Contact Us" page with the drop-down box set to "Developer Account Administration": --[ begin note ]-- Dear Staff: I recently wrote to you about a couple of issues with my Amazon Developer account, the first of which is my e-mail address. A responder named Melody said I should contact you on this Contact Us page to make the change. Old e-mail address: smallscreensw@yahoo.com New e-mail address: smallscreensw@hotmail.com I would appreciate a test note being sent to the new address to confirm that the e-mail address has successfully been changed. Thanks, Charles Tatum II Small Screen Software --[ end note ]-- I also tried phoning the Amazon Customer Service department at 1 (888) 280-3321. I was very surprised that they seem to have no knowledge of the Amazon Developer program (the operator said that it was not in his list of "resources"). If there is a phone number - toll-free or not - which I could phone to expedite this matter, I would appreciate knowing that. I would like to suggest such a number be listed somewhere on the portal. Once this matter has been resolved it should go a long way toward progress on the other issue, getting an updated version of my app listed. Only when my account's e-mail address has been corrected to " smallscreensw@hotmail.com" and Checkbook Genius 3, the so-marked "Upcoming Edition" are marked available for sale will I mark this question as having been answered. Many Thanks, Charles Tatum II
10 |5000

smallscreensw answered
...duplicate message removed.
10 |5000

smallscreensw answered
Dear Melody and/or Staff: Thanks for fixing the e-mail address issue. I do appreciate it. Now, to turn my attention to the other issue. My app, Checkbook Genius 3, is marked as "Pending Action" - but action by whom? If it's action on Amazon's part, what actions are waiting to be taken and when can I expect those actions to be completed? If it's an action that I need to take, please provide me a list of actions - either here or to my smallscreensw@hotmail.com address - that I need to execute in order to get Checkbook Genius 3 out of its "pending action" status and back into the Amazon App Store. The following screen shots illustrate my current situation: http://www.smallscreensoftware.com/amazon/appissue1.png This shows the summary list of all apps and that Checkbook Genius 3 appears not to be available for sale due to its "Suppressed" status. http://www.smallscreensoftware.com/amazon/appissue2.png This shows the status of the "Upcoming Version" - the latest executable file I uploaded - as "Pending Action" but is unclear as to what action(s) need to be taken. If the appropriate actions are on one of the other tabs, or another page entirely, it is nowhere near clearly denoted. Your continued assistance is very much appreciated! Cordially, Charles Tatum II Small Screen Software P.S.: Clicking the "Preview" button when leaving a response on the message board shows nothing and may scare posters into thinking they've lost any text they've typed. This would be a good thing to fix.
10 |5000