question

Ben avatar image
Ben asked

Set time & date without using ZIP code

I have 4 Amazon Echo's in Australia. I'd love to be able to set the time on them but I can't because no US zip code matches my timezone. Please allow manual setting of the time / date. Thanks
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Marshall avatar image
John Marshall answered
Hi Ben, I too am in Australia with only one Echo. Suffering same issue, but I guess thats because the Echo is not intended for Australian sale. We have to be of the minority using Amazon Echo in Oz.....
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fabianraws avatar image
fabianraws answered
+1 Would really enjoy to not being waked up in the middle of the night because I forgot to mention the timezone :)
10 |5000

Apollo avatar image
Apollo answered
+1 to be able to change the timezone
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
I think I read somewhere about people using postal codes of US Military bases in foreign countries? I have zero idea whether this works (or even makes sense) but I thought I'd pass it along... Steve
10 |5000

Ellen avatar image
Ellen answered
I would also love this feature. I am in Australia as well and have 2 Echo's. I absolutely love them but it would be great to have this feature. I think I would be asking too much for daylight savings time though right?
10 |5000

Ben avatar image
Ben answered
Anyone from the Echo team able to comment on this? Surely it could be accommodated in less than half a day of programming, what about people from the US who buy an Echo and then move overseas? The ability to tell time globally based on a user selected region has been possible on computers for decades, there is no reason why the Echo shouldn't be able to do it.
10 |5000

Ben avatar image
Ben answered
It's been over 4 months and no one from Amazon has responded to this thread, can we please get an update? Thanks
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
You do realize, Ben, that Amazon only ever responds to point you at the on-line doc or to say "they've passed the request on to the relevant team". It's a rare thing to see a substantive post by an Amazonian in this forum.
10 |5000