question

Galactoise avatar image
Galactoise asked

Follow-up to the Alexa + Smarthome event

The event tonight was great, if still a little crowded. These were our takeaways: http://www.derpgroup.com/blog/thoughts-after-the-alexa-smarthome-event Did anyone else get a chance to stop by?
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rand M avatar image
Rand M answered
Thanks for the review, Galactoise. I'm looking to finding out more about the the SSML features. It seems that at least the IP address, hardware id, etc. of the Echo device could be passed through the cloud to the devs, no? Definitely not anything secure or geolocation, but at least a start and something to work with... Rand
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
I was there :) Thanks for taking the time to show up and share your views with the community. We'll make sure to let everyone know about any other events or talks that we are doing. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Galactoise avatar image
Galactoise answered
At the event, I got interviewed by a reporter from Geekwire. Looks like his article is up: http://www.geekwire.com/2016/amazon-ramps-up-recruiting-efforts-for-engineers
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Glad you got some coverage. Did you get the guy's card? I'm trying to find a contact address for him on the web page.
10 |5000

t3sb avatar image
t3sb answered
There are apparently 50 or so of us out here who much appreciated the Twitch-cast. Even though the talks were far from newsy for developers, there were some useful hints about future enhancements for AVS APIs, and framing from several of the Alexa management is always useful for context. Amazon could greatly expand the viewership if/when it wanted by the even slightest promotion and/or the publication of a more accurate stream start time. Hopefully, the impedance is low enough for this sort of casting that the Alexa team can continue the precedent for future talks where appropriate.
10 |5000