question

J. J. avatar image
J. J. asked

Unable to select devices in binary submission

Hello, I have uploaded an update to my app via SFTP. The binary has been uploaded successfully and added to my app's dashboard but when I press edit in the Binary Files tab, I cannot select any devices except for the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. My app is compatible with tablets and phones, but not with Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. I have tried contacting support via the forum and the message submission, but no one has answered for over a week. -JJ
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, You can actually change the supported devices with one new binary by deleting the old binary, uploading a new one, and setting the compatibility to any extra devices you select. If you want the update to only go to the new devices, then you can keep the old binary and the users on the previous devices will not need to update. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello JJ. We see that your app is live and currently available for download on Amazon.com. If you could please post what you did to resolve the issue such that our other developer customers can learn from your experience it would be appreciated.
10 |5000

2metergames avatar image
2metergames answered
In case someone else has this problem: Just delete the first binary. As far as I understand a second binary is only needed if the supported devices differ.
10 |5000