question

Dave Craige avatar image
Dave Craige asked

Basic stuff that currently doesn't work with Alexa

Hi guys, I LOVE the Echo! There are some really basic stuff that should work on it, but currently doesn't. I am paying for a Amazon prime music account and the following commands simply don't do anything: "Alexa, play old school rap radio" "Alexa, play Biggie Smalls radio" "Alexa, play Jay-Z radio" "Alexa, play Brazilian music"
alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
This is a forum for the Alexa Skill Kit. Not the Echo. If you have feedback on the Echo you need to find the product and click "feedback".
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

April L. Hamilton avatar image
April L. Hamilton answered
Alexa CAN do that stuff, but you need to know the correct commands. She can only play Prime Stations that exist - have you checked to see if the one you want is there? The "radio" keyword is not necessary and will only confuse Alexa. The keyword you want to use for Prime stations is "station" (e.g., if you have Prime - "Alexa, play 80's Pop station."). Alternatively, you can create stations by artist on Pandora, iHeartRadio, etc., and in that case the command to use is, "Alexa, play [artist name] on [service name]." If you haven't already set up a station for that artist, you'll be prompted to add it. Note that these stations will include music from the artist you specified + similar artists. She can only play music from genres that exist on Amazon, or that you've created via custom naming in your personal Amazon Music Library. I have a custom genre of "New Wave" in my personal library for example. "Brazilian" must not exist as a genre in the Amazon Digital Music Store.
10 |5000

Dave Craige avatar image
Dave Craige answered
Yea, it seems as though the Amazon Prime music team needs to work with the Echo team to get the correct taxonomy working. It would be great to simply ask Alexa to "Play Jay-Z"
10 |5000