question

yassine hlioui avatar image
yassine hlioui asked

A unique AndroidManifest.xml file for both Amazon and GooglePlay store

Let's say I have a GooglePlay app and want to publish it in the Amazon store, Amazon docs are very clear about the changes that should be done in the AndroidManifest.xml file. The safe way is to create two AndroidManifest.xml files and switch between the two depending on the store you want to publish in. What if I create only one AndroidManifest.xml file which contains all the services (Amazon store + GooglePlay store), but some of them are disabled depending on the store to publish in. Example: Is it blocking the submission when AndroidManifest.xml file contains an entry specific to GooglePlay even if it is disabled? Thanks :)
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for the post! I understand where you're coming from, but to be on the safes side, I'd suggest having two Android Manifests just in case. In the end, you may need individual views for certain APIs (ie. GameCircle/Google Play Services). If you do decide to use one manifest, some of the google stuff might trip up during run time as it may require google play services to function (which amazon devices do not currently offer). Regardless, you should be able to check here: https://developer.amazon.com/tya/dashboard.html Hope this helps, Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.