question

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta asked

BAF File Generator

Not an Echo app, but an Echo util for generating permutation based utterance files from word lists. Not rocket science, but I thought I'd share... [b]Generate BAF[/b] The more utterances in your BAF file, the better the Echo does at recognizing text. In addition to phrasing your intent in several ways, you also want to provide many different suggestions for the slots in the intent. This can start to be cumbersome. Such synonyms are usually tied to a slot, and if a slot is used in multiple intents it can be a headache to maintain. Additionally when you start supporting multiple slots in an intent, keeping up with the matrix of changes each time you add a new vocabulary word is hard. GenerateBaf introduces an XML syntax that lets you define word lists, and also places in an intent where those words are to be inserted. You can insert the same word list into multiple intents. And you can insert multiple word lists into a single intent. GenerateBaf does the work of iterating through the different possible combinations. Full doc: https://github.com/jjaquinta/EchoProofOfConcepts/tree/master/jo.echo.util/doc Release: https://github.com/jjaquinta/EchoProofOfConcepts/releases/tag/1.0.0
alexa skills kitshowcase
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greg Laabs avatar image
Greg Laabs answered
This is excellent. I had to write my own script for one of my projects to generate every combination of slots for my utterances file. A tool like this will save me from having to write a custom one for each project!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Stefan Negritoiu avatar image
Stefan Negritoiu answered
Nice, was about to write something like this myself, although I was thinking of using Mustache as a templating engine. Stefan
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I'm sure there are many different approaches and implementations you could take. If you do write something, I have no problem sharing the GitHub project with you to host it.
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
This looks pretty cool, thanks for posting. -Nick
10 |5000