question

Eddy Wright avatar image
Eddy Wright asked

Alexa and Garmin GPS is triggered by galaxy s5 in Toyota Prius, i

I am successfully using Alex in the Toyota Prius! My Samsung Galaxy s5 selects 1 of 4 icons to begin a tailored boot sequence, go home, go shopping, go to work, run an errand. It boots up the headsup display then speaks to Alexa and to my GPS so i get my tailored news briefs. For instance, Alexa does the news brief in the morning. Going home Alexa plays all things considered! These nfc icons trigger use cases.
alexa skills kitshowcase
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eddy Wright avatar image
Eddy Wright answered
Just got a new idea not tested. I could take the galaxy s5 and bluetooth link it to echo. Then voice commands wont have to travel 3ft in the car from a bluetooth speaker to echo, instead the echo speaks the command from its own speaker then takes action itself!! Very interesting and i will have to try this out. This eliminates false recognition that 1 time out of 10 just happens, the rest of the time it works.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eddy Wright avatar image
Eddy Wright answered
The echo is mounted to a 4 hook rack behind the head rest. The rack is for my cane.
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
Hi Eddy, Would you mind posting a video of this in action? I'm very curious to see how it all works.
10 |5000