question

Prabhpreet Singh avatar image
Prabhpreet Singh asked

Device Targeting error not able to choose while publish an update on Amazon

Hi, I want to update my app on Amazon App Store. Problem that I am facing is ,when I try to upload new binary version in binary upcoming version section. I am not able to choose device targeting option I mean I am not able to select any supported devices for my new binary file that i am uploading. When I edit device support all devices already marked cross "Targeted by another binary in the current version" message appear. What can i do please reply ASAP. Thanks in Advance
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for the post. It sounds like you may be uploading multiple binaries for your app. This is an easy mistake to make, and is usually done by pressing 'Save and Add Binary' instead of deleting the current live binary and replacing it with your new version. I'd suggest going to your upcoming version, going to the 'Binary' tab, and then ensuring you only have one binary live there (you can tell by looking at the top and seeing multiple potential binary versions you may have uploaded). You should then be able to target all devices as these may have already been targetted by another binary version. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.