question

JonC avatar image
JonC asked

Integrating Alexa with my Harmony Hub

I had a few hours, so as an experiment, I decided to integrate my Harmony Home Hub with Alexa allowing me to control my TV, Netflix etc through the Echo. I have published all the code with directions at https://github.com/jon-c/harmony_echo_control Thanks Jon .
alexa skills kitshowcase
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
Hi Jon, Thank you for sharing your source code with the Amazon developer community! We appreciate your time and effort, and hope it will be beneficial for anyone interested in home automation. Kind regards, Levon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Marshall avatar image
John Marshall answered
@JonC. Great stuff! I was only posting on this forum yesterday on just this subject. A project for this weekend..thank you!
10 |5000

John Marshall avatar image
John Marshall answered
Actually Amazon Echo has added a new function "Trigger" into IFTTT. This allows statements to be created "Alexa, trigger my tv off" where the statement "tv off" is a phrase that Harmony activity is associated to perform all the hardware functions in powering down the TV. Any of the Harmony activities can now be "triggered" using this. Well done!
10 |5000