I received my payment for May, which came on June 29th. Your reporting says that it was for $13.98. But you withheld $4 for tax (which seems pretty high for $13.98 but in any case reporting says that you paid $9.79. When I checked my bank account the transaction was more like $5. How does $14 turn into $9 and then turn into $5? Can you please explain the discrepancy for me? I would like the rest of my money. As meager as it is, it's mine.
Hi Tyreal, Thanks for voicing your concerns with your payments. Although, we should not discuss your specific payment issue in this public forum, I can address your concerns with the percentages that are withheld from the total revenue generated. Per the Distribution Agreement (
https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/legal/da), Amazon uses the industry standard 70/30 Rev Share model. This means that developers receive 70% of the total revenue generated and Amazon receives the remaining 30%. The other 30% is for US taxes. U.S. tax law requires us to report royalty payments made to entities and persons who are selling titles in the U.S. and are resident outside the United States. We are also required to withhold and remit taxes on such royalty payments to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Although you may also be required to report and pay taxes to your own government, we are not involved in this process. The tax withholding rate for royalties paid to non-US payees is 30%. If the country where you claim to be a resident for purposes of that country’s income tax has an income tax treaty with the United States, you can claim a reduced rate of withholding by completing the tax interview with your valid tax identity. For more information regarding U.S. tax withholding rules for royalty payments made to non-U.S. persons, see IRS Publication 515 for details.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p515.pdf For more information on countries which have existing tax treaties with the United States, see pages 36-37 of IRS Publication 901.
Hi Tyreal, Do not worry, making sure you're properly compensated and understand your payments is very important to us, too :). Please use the Contact Us form found in your Developer Portal for all personal payment inquiries:
https://developer.amazon.com/public/support/contact/contact-us/ Thanks! EDIT: We see you already did submit a Contact Us! We evaluate and respond to all cases on a first come, first serve basis, so we should be getting in touch with you shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
What really concerns me is if I look at my May sales, they add up to about $30. So it went from $30, down to $14, down to $9, and you actually only paid me $5. So if this isn't a mistake, if this actually is how little a percentage that the creators of these applications actually get, then I don't want any part of the Amazon AppStore. It's bad enough that only big devs get their apps on the store front, and the little guy can't find theirs 10 pages deep.
I posted here cause I've been waiting a week. And that was after several other attempts to use the "contact us" link and getting cut/paste auto responses that didn't actually address my problem, and leave no way to respond. You force us to submit another ticket and get to the back of the line. It's very frustrating dealing with Amazon support.
Yup, once again, same old crap. I wait 2 weeks for your Contact Us reply and when I get it you just say, "The one payment wasn't issued because of a banking error." Thanks. I KNOW! It's pretty obvious from the Payment screen where it says there was an error. I KNOW there was an error, what I need you to help me do is FIX IT! So now I have to create another help ticket, and wait another 2 weeks. This is my third trip to the back of the queue. That is unless I get another auto-reply I can't respond too. And the 30% tax withholding number is total BS. You're taking 60% from us right off the top. As soon as I'm paid out I'm closing my account. Dealing with Amazon is not worth the trouble. And that's not even bringing up how an app can go from 100 downloads every day to 1 download a day, for no reason at all. Ridiculous.