question

itsnotgoingwellatall avatar image
itsnotgoingwellatall asked

(Don't) Contact us

I have had an awful experience going through the submission process to the point that I tried to give up on the whole thing only to find i can not even do that! A little background I made a small app specifically for the Fire TV. After waiting for a week in "under review" without any movement i started reading a few forums and found people complaining about their submissions being in a stuck state. So i contacted Amazon and received this after a few days "Thank you for your submission to the Amazon Appstore. We consider a variety of factors as we evaluate each app, including the customer experience offered on the device and compatibility with the device. While our goal is to offer a broad and compelling assortment of apps to Amazon customers, not all apps available through Amazon Appstore are currently available on Amazon devices." I replied back stating that this did not really answer my question and reiterated my concerns to which the reply was "Thank you for writing in. We do not have any additional information at this time. We have noted your case number and app name, and if we do have additional information, we will reach out to you directly by reopening this case." I must add the fact that i have gone through review processes with Apple, Google, & Microsoft and this is the first time i have ever got a "go away" response from a support team. So with last Saturday marking the 3rd week of being "under review" i decided that this is not the platform for me and tried to cancel my submission. Upon cancelling i got the following message "We are unable to cancel your submission for this application." Great! So i sent another message to the app support team stating that i am unable to cancel my submission. Guess what their response was ..... "Thank you for your submission to the Amazon Appstore. We consider a variety of factors as we evaluate each app, including the customer experience offered on the device and compatibility with the device. While our goal is to offer a broad and compelling assortment of apps to Amazon customers, not all apps available through Amazon Appstore are currently available on Amazon devices" What i find strange is why it takes a few days to reply if this is all they say! Has anyone else had this experience? I have seen a few people talking about it but those threads are all helpfully locked. Anyhow if anyone from Amazon is listening your submission process is too painful i don't want to develop for your platform anymore -ItIsNotGoingWellAtAll
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers