question

makermusings avatar image
makermusings asked

A new tool for building utterances

Hi everyone, I created a tool to make it much easier to define your example utterances. http://www.makermusings.com/2015/07/21/defining-utterances-for-the-alexa-skills-kit/ Comments and feedback welcome!
alexa skills kitcommunity projects
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

April L. Hamilton avatar image
April L. Hamilton answered
This looks great - thanks!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

justin avatar image
justin answered
This is great makermusings, thanks for sharing! I'm moving this to Community Projects to give exposure to the appropriate audiences. Great documentation, too! :)
10 |5000

micheal avatar image
micheal answered
wow great idea , thanks for the link
10 |5000

Robbert avatar image
Robbert answered
Awesome tool! Very helpful.. If I can request a feature add-on though, what would be really nice is if you could expand something like this: "set thermostat to {(Range:60-80,Step 1)|Temp} degrees", which would expand to: "set thermostat to {sixty|Temp} degrees" "set thermostat to {sixty one|Temp} degrees" .. "set thermostat to {eighty|Temp} degrees" And if you were to do this: "set thermostat to {(Range:60-80,Step 0.1)|Temp} degrees", it would expand to: "set thermostat to {sixty|Temp} degrees" "set thermostat to {sixty point one|Temp} degrees" etc. And maybe something like this for dates too... Of course, it would be even better if Amazon adopts your utterance expansion in their utterance definition in the first place... :) Robbert
10 |5000

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse answered
> "set thermostat to {(Range:60-80,Step 1)|Temp} degrees" The utterance generator in my alexa-app framework ( https://github.com/matt-kruse/alexa-app ) does this. So you could do: "set thermostat to {60-80|Temp} degrees" and it would generate all the numbers (as words) in between. You can also do steps, like {60-80 by 5|Temp} I plan to put my generator up as a stand-alone tool, too. Hopefully soon. It would be great to finalize on a single macro format that all tools could consume and use. In fact, I may write a proposal for that...
10 |5000