question

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta asked

And they're off!

Looks like they [i]have[/i] released a skill store. Sort of. What I'm getting are three skills appearing in the Skills tab of my companion app. I got: Crystal Ball icon Crystal Ball LME Skills Alexa, launch Crystal Ball. Crystal Ball is a fortune teller skill. Alexa prompts you to first focus on a yes/no question, and then say when you're ready to hear the answer. Math Puzzles Speech-Ninja Alexa, open Math Puzzles. Math Puzzles is a fun way to challenge yourself and your friends. You’ll hear a series of numbers and you must guess the next logical number in the sequence. StubHub StubHub Alexa, ask StubHub what’s happening this weekend. What’s going on this weekend? Just set your home city, and then you can ask what’s going on tonight, this weekend, or on a specific date. You can also ask what’... Did everyone get the same? What else did you get?
alexa skills kitcommunity projects
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I wrote a review of these three skills on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/first-skills-released-joseph-jaquinta
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dapper Dan avatar image
Dapper Dan answered
Yep, I see them too! Didn't notice them until I saw your post... (they weren't there last night). NOW it's going to get exciting! :)
10 |5000

James L Guinn avatar image
James L Guinn answered
Yes, I received an e-mail from Amazon about their availability and looked them up immediately. I'm the guy complaining in another thread that I can't get past "Hello World," but I think I actually could have done Magic 8 Ball (single session with no real invocation parameters, right?) I was a little surprised there were only three skills released and that they were so simple. I'm sure this is by design. Still, it's encouraging to me, because I somehow feel like I'm in a race to try and get up to speed on this technology. (Slow down, Jim--marathon, not a sprint, I'm sure). I've heard and seen examples of much more sophisticated stuff (about to check out the video of your game, jjaquinta), so I feel sure more is coming, and that right soon. I agree--should be exciting times!
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I'm not surprised at only 3. Their UI can't really handle more than that. What I'm surprised at is that we all got the same three, and that they've been the same three for several days. I figured they would give different groups different sets of skills, or they would rotate them through once a day or so. Who knows. Maybe they will rotate them once a week...
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
I have a feeling a search/filter function is going to be added soon(TM). That way you can limit choices by category.
10 |5000

M. Goodrich avatar image
M. Goodrich answered
Anyone out there want to take credit for these skills? Would be interesting to hear what the experience was like actually getting a skill published. Take care, Mark
10 |5000

April L. Hamilton avatar image
April L. Hamilton answered
@Mark Crystal Ball is mine. I know many developers here have gotten their skills certified, and I think there's some discussion of it in the 'submission and certification' topic area. I don't think my experience of the process is any different than that of any other dev who's got a certified skill, I wasn't notified ahead of time that one of mine would be released to the public. Do you have specific questions about the submission and certification process?
10 |5000

M. Goodrich avatar image
M. Goodrich answered
Thanks April, No specific questions right now... just curious if any of the developers were on here. Congrats! Take care, Mark
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Of the other two skills, StubHub is a website. It isn't clear if the skill was done by an individual on a whim, or by the website itself. Based on there being no obvious API, and the relatively light engagement, I'd say it was done by an enthusiast who happens to work for StubHub. MathPuzzles... your guess is as good as mine. I can't find any reference to Speech-Ninja anywhere else.
10 |5000