question

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse asked

What will the end user experience look like?

Any news yet on how end users will install apps? Will they need to do it through echo.amazon.com? Or will Amazon have an "app store"? Will they be able to assign their own app keywords, or will the app define it? Does anyone have numbers of how many Echos are own by customers? Any idea how big the potential market is for Echo apps? I know I have 5 friends who are on the waiting list, so there is demand for the device. I just have no idea how many units are actually out there. Just curious, because I'm wondering how soon an Echo app will need to worry about handling lots of load, if at all.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, The end user experience is still something we're working hard on, and hopefully we will have more information on that front for you soon. Make sure to check our blog and these forums for more information as it is released. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

April L. Hamilton avatar image
April L. Hamilton answered
I see that there's already an option in place to sell mobile app subscription content via the App Portal; are there plans to hook this in to Echo apps/services? I would like to develop suites of "toys" for the Echo (like the Daily Horoscopes example given in the Echo Dev starter materials) and sell subscriptions to the suites/service bundles by the month, quarter or year. It seems like this is a natural offering under the existing Subscriptions model, but if Amazon never intends to provide support for this I'd like to know so I can start researching other options for payment processing. Thanks!
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, We're still looking hard at various options related to payment for apps. As always, we appreciate your feedback on these issues and will let you know if we have more information to share. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000