question

Anil avatar image
Anil asked

Privacy: What exactly is Account Linking?

Hi, I'd like to get a better understanding of what is considered "account linking" and what the privacy concerns are? From the submission page: [i]Account Linking: Do you plan to correlate your version of a user ID with the Amazon directed ID provided through the Alexa App Kit? Please note that you will need to supply a privacy policy when you submit your application for publication and that your App is prohibited from collecting personal information by voice.[/i] From this, it would appear that linking a 'alexa' user ID with a facebook account, for a Facebook app, would fall under the clause. What if I want to store 'Alexa' user IDs and simply keep track of a few attributes, perhaps the user's favorite color, for example? What if I simply want to log all requests, so I can run analytics later? For example, finding the top 10 slot values. Is that considered collecting personal information? Thanks, Anil
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

memo@amazon avatar image
memo@amazon answered
Hello Anil, If you're collecting user information, you will need a Privacy Policy; regardless of how general what you're capturing might be. Regards,
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.