question

Anil avatar image
Anil asked

Dev, Staging and Production environments

Is there a plan to provide a simply way to move a new version of an application from development into production? At the moment I only have one application. If I deploy a bug, the app breaks. Obviously this won't work once the app is really published. I could create a few copies of the application, one for development another for staging each with different endpoints and application names. This seems like a pain to maintain however, and easy to make a mistake copy/pasting application configuration (intent schema etc.) during deployment to production. I'm thinking of having my web engine support versioning, so my user could change versions of the app on the fly, while all other users would be set to the current 'production' version. This is a bit of work to implement though, and not worth it if there are plans to support versioning in the near future.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, If you use different endpoint for each environment that is probably the best. There is no way to do this automatically, but you can simply test against an endpoint and change it when you submit for certification. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.