question

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers asked

Re-certification required for Skill training data update?

Are there plans to allow developers to update Skill utterance training data once the particular Skill has been certified without requiring to a full re-certification of the Skill? I've several Skills that require weekly utterance data updates, but I'd prefer not to wait for a full test and review of my Skill for a minor utterance refresh. Cheers!
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

justin avatar image
justin answered
Hey James! After a Skill goes live, subsequent changes to the training set will need to go through re-certification before they are made available to end users to ensure overall customer experience is not negatively affected.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
Hi Justin - thanks muchly; appreciate the swift response and completely understand. Your certification team are going to hate me (if they don't already) :)
10 |5000

justin avatar image
justin answered
Don't worry, James, we'll vouch for you ;)
10 |5000