question

April L. Hamilton avatar image
April L. Hamilton asked

Submission/Cert Frustration

Am I the only one this is happening to? 1. I submit a Skill for cert. 2. Echo team asks for changes, so I make them and re-submit. 3. Echo team asks for more and different changes, so I make them and re-submit. 4. Echo team says certain aspects of the Skill (which are the result of changes they requested the first time I submitted) may be confusing or odd to the user, so I'm asked to [i]change those things back to the way they were when I initially submitted[/i]. I make the changes and resubmit. 5. Echo team [i]again[/i] questions things that are the result of changes [i]they[/i] requested. GAH! I've been going back and forth like this on an exceedingly simple Skill for weeks, and I'm getting very frustrated. Is a different person reviewing my Skill each time, and not reading all the history that came before? Why is it so hard to get Skills certified?!
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I've had similar frustrations. Their process isn't documented, so I don't know if I should cancel and resubmit. Or if they are even going to respond to my mail. Very annoying when they suggest implementations that can't be implemented, or tell me to make changes that don't produce the functionality they say they will.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt Cashatt avatar image
Matt Cashatt answered
+1 I haven't gone through this process but I can only imagine the frustration. Hope they smooth out the process and help you get on the right track. Good luck!
10 |5000

memo@amazon avatar image
memo@amazon answered
Hello, We appreciate the time you have invested in your Alexa Skills. Thanks to your feedback, we are actively improving thecertification and communication experience. In the near future, we will be releasing Alexa Skills certification and submission guidelines.
10 |5000