question

sa0987 avatar image
sa0987 asked

Certification timeline?

I submitted an app for certifications a couple of weeks ago and have not heard anything. I assume they will email my primary address rather than any email I put in the privacy section? The app got some hits from amazon during the first few days of submission. After 8/20, nothing has occurred. How long does it usually take to hear back? if my app is in certification state, is it still being reviewed? (as in will it go to dev or failed mode if they reject). I understand if it passes it will be live. [i]I have a better version of the same skill in the works, but I want to hear back first before submitting the new one. I am not an app developer per se, so this is just another badge for my makerspace. Just curious on what I should expect. [/i]
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
If your skill is listed as "certification" that means Amazon is still reviewing it. You will receive an email once they finish testing. The email will either say that your skill passed and is now live or it failed. In the event your skill failed the email will contain information on what is required to fix your skill so that it can be certified.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sa0987 avatar image
sa0987 answered
I just got my reply (very detailed and nicely done). It took just under two weeks. They broke the response into multiple section and outline what is required for certification and what is recommended. And also some would be nice items, and a Q&A to ensure you do a sanity check. thanks, SA
10 |5000