question

Paul A. Whitelock avatar image
Paul A. Whitelock asked

Adding Members of Organization to a Application Test Group

My Alexa Skill is at a point where I need to allow other members within my organization to participate in testing. I have been developing using my own Amazon account and do not want to add their Echo devices to my personal Amazon account. How can I allow a limited number people from within my organization to use their Echo devices to connect to my Alexa Skill for testing purposes?
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Without adding them to your developer account, there is no good way to accomplish this. You could have them create the exact same application, with the same endpoint, schema, and utterances, and you would need to add their app id to your app so it accepts the requests, but you would need to keep them in sync manually. You could also create an entirely new developer account and add all the Echos to that account. -Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul A. Whitelock avatar image
Paul A. Whitelock answered
Thanks for the reply. None of the workarounds are entirely satisfactory, but we might be able to make one of them work. It would be nice if in the future a developer was able to manage a list (of Amazon IDs?) that would allow the developer to grant access to an app while it is in development. Thanks again for the reply. Paul
10 |5000

D. Bliss avatar image
D. Bliss answered
+1 Support for testing a Skill on multiple Echos registered to different accounts would be extremely useful. I can already add someone as a developer to my account and they can see my skills in their developer portal. These skills do not appear on their Echo though. It would be ideal if the skill were available from their Echo once they have developer permission on my developer account.
10 |5000

Robert Hawkins avatar image
Robert Hawkins answered
+1 as well
10 |5000

vegather avatar image
vegather answered
+1
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
+1 Seems like this would be directly in Amazon's interest, too, since it would likely reduce the number of re-submits required for certification.
10 |5000