question

blwby avatar image
blwby asked

Problem: Not all results are showing on Amazon.com

Hi, did anyone notice that not all results are listed on Amazon.com when searching for an app or game? For example if you type Pacman and search for games it only shows 68 reults when instead when working properly it shows 224 results and this happens all over the place on the web, mobile web and Fire tablet. What's going on?
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
I did a search for the "pacman" string, and I'm noticing 250+ results on Amazon.com, and substantially less when searching in the Amazon mobile client. This is not unexpected, and reasons of availability, compatibility, platform, and others can all affect which search results are found and displayed. If there is an issue with a specific app not showing up in a search where you think it should, please let us know the app title and app package name so we can look into it. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

blwby avatar image
blwby answered
The problem I'm referring to is not related to a specific app or game in fact it affects all of them (I tried many different apps), but it rather seems has something to do with a specific moment in time when the server from Amazon.com is simply not showing all the results. The searches were done on the same web client Amazon.com, within the same department but the result was not always the same, sometimes it showed all 224 results and sometimes only 68.
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Thanks for reporting that as an issue, I'll forward it for investigation. -Nick
10 |5000