question

am1987 avatar image
am1987 asked

Amazon app store app update - low adoption rate

Hi, I have recently released an update apk for my Amazon app store published app. Looking at adoption rate of my app (the "speed" in which users update to the newest version), I noticed it was [b]considerably[/b] slower than in previous updates I released. My question is: [b]Are there any technical issues you encountered that are known to cause that?[/b] I've ruled out addition of permission that can interfere with Amazon's auto-update process, as I didn't do that. Are there any other possible reasons you encountered? Thanks!
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tony@Amazon avatar image
Tony@Amazon answered
Hello, Thank you for posting in the forums. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account to investigate this issue in depth. However, from a general standpoint, the majority of users are notified of updates within 24 hours of the update publishing. Yet, there are many factors that can delay users from updating an app. Depending on a user's device, geographic region, and Appstore user settings (just to name a few), it can take up to a full week for users to receive notifications of an update. Then depending on if they have auto-updates enabled, it would then be up to the user to preform the update. If you believe that there may be technical issues that are causing the delays, please feel free to submit an inquiry via "Contact Us". In your inquiry, please include the title of the app in question as well as your developer name. Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate this issue further.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.