question

Alexander K avatar image
Alexander K asked

App Icon not Loading in Echo iOS App

We've set the 108 pixels x 108 pixels app icon and it renders correctly on the amazon dev website. We've removed and re-added the app, restarted the phone etc but it just wont show up the mobile device! Is that a bug?
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alexander K avatar image
Alexander K answered
Changed icons to a PNG with / without alpha transparency and tried a JPEG -- doesn't show up inside the iOS, Android app and does not show under Apps in echo.amazon.com.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
Same here; I looked at the icon element in the DOM (under echo.amazon.com) and the img->src value isn't set - I'm assuming this is a known issue? I might try some more image types/combos - but did the same as you with the png and jpg :)
10 |5000

rgr@amazon avatar image
rgr@amazon answered
Thank you very much for reporting this issue, this issue has been resolved!
10 |5000

James Chivers answered
Excellent; thanks. I can confirm I'm seeing my app icon in both web and mobile apps.
10 |5000

Alexander K avatar image
Alexander K answered
Yes fixed. Thank you.
10 |5000

Stefan Negritoiu avatar image
Stefan Negritoiu answered
We're still not seeing the icon in the iOS Echo app (under the "Apps" menu). Does it need to be re-uploaded in the develop app management site? Thanks.
10 |5000

James Chivers answered
It doesn't need to be re-uploaded - it should just be included now properly in the app. I'd try recreating a very basic icon - just black background, as a png and upload that to test. Feel free to post a link to your icon herein and I'd be happy to take a look at the file for you and perhaps double-check the format, etc.
10 |5000

James Chivers answered
Oh, and can you confirm that you're seeing it in the Alexa dashboard, here: https://developer.amazon.com/edw/home.html#/ ...when you click 'edit' on the app in question?
10 |5000