question

Brian P Nelson avatar image
Brian P Nelson asked

Self-signed cert no longer seems to work

I had an app registered that has been working just fine. Today I tried to add another app. I used the same self-signed cert that I used for my first app. I cannot get the Echo to actually hit my URL. Instead, I just get responses like "Sorry, something went wrong", with no debug card created and nothing in my webserver logs. I'm fairly certain this has to do with the cert, because if I change the app to pretend like I have a trusted cert, I get an error card. To make matters worse, to prove it was the cert, I regenerated the cert and tested it with both of my apps. Now I can't get the original app to work, either. When I hit my endpoint with a browser, I do see the correct cert. What should I do? The debugging on this scenario seems a bit lacking.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
Hi Brian, sorry to hear that - the worst errors are those when you inadvertently break something that already worked and there's no debug to work with :( Have you tried to double-check that your app endpoint / server is correctly presenting your SSL? Something like https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.htm should do the trick, and you'll be able to confirm the cert chain is correct too. Feel free to share your endpoint herein and I'd be happy to check the cert myself if you like. Or email me via the address from my james.bio site.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, There was an issue over the weekend which caused self-signed certificates to break. This issue has now been fixed, but you may need to re-paste the certificate into the SSL certificate section of your app. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Brian P Nelson avatar image
Brian P Nelson answered
Awesome. I just pasted my latest cert back in and reconfigured them in my web server and both of my apps are working again. Thanks!
10 |5000