question

Trevor Gryffyn avatar image
Trevor Gryffyn asked

SSL certificate verification failed

[I didn't see an Echo specific forum, so hopefully it's ok to post here] Just got the invite for the Amazon Echo developer beta and I'm trying to set up up a test app. I didn't have an SSL certificate on my personal web host so I bought one. Initially I had a free certificate option that I think was a Dreamhost self signed sort of deal. Now I have the paid Comodo issued SSL certificate that you get through Dreamhost. Everything looks like it set up ok but having my SSL option in the app configuration to "My development endpoint has a certificate from a trusted certificate authority" results in this error when trying to use the app via Echo: "SSL certificate verification failed. Request identifier: The certificate does not have a path to a trusted authority. This happens if you are using a self signed certificate.". (message appears inside the Echo app on a card) But my SSL certificate appears to be valid and have a path to what should be a "trusted authority": USERTrust * COMODO RSA Certification Authority * * COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA * * * gryffyndevelopment.com If that cert authority isn't trusted enough, I guess that could be the issue. Anyone know how to determine that? I thought maybe Amazon had cached the original self signed certificate but I set things up yesterday and it persists today and even when I set up a second test app. It could still be caching the old self signed one but I'm hoping I don't have to wait forever for it to refresh the cache. I'm assuming and hoping it's a different issue. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, This looks like it might be a SNI issue. SNI is not currently supported for the Alexa AppKit. There is more information available in this forum thread: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=16173㼭 Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anil avatar image
Anil answered
Hi Trevor, One way to test to see if it's an SNI issue is to check your site on: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest In the results, have a look at the "NO SNI" browsers, "IE 8 / XP" for example. If they all fail, it's most likely an SNI issue. Cheers, Anil
10 |5000