question

Travis Elliott avatar image
Travis Elliott asked

Amazon Echo wildcard domain name issues

I am trying to trigger a simple google script from the echo but it looks like it does not like the wildcard domain name scrips.google.com Is this a temporary limitation or is this something we will have to live with?
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jim Hunter avatar image
Jim Hunter answered
Good luck getting an answer. I have had the same question open now for 12 days and no response from Amazon. I have send a trouble ticket to Amazon (they told me they would respond to my post with a reply), updated my post twice and still no reply. When I was talking to David I at a developers conf, he stated that the SSL cert of companies like this should work fine. And in the beginning it did work fine. It broke the day they were going to publish a bunch of apps. On that day, many SSL issues popped up that were working all along. So no one knows what is going on and Amazon is keeping quiet so far. We are on an island by ourselves with no help in sight. Jim
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jim Hunter avatar image
Jim Hunter answered
I got a reply on my thread. It seems there is a, possibly new, setting in the SSL area of your app settings. Select "My development endpoint is a subdomain of a domain that has a wildcard certificate from a certificate authority " and it will allow you to use your app again. Jim
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Yep, please see the reply in the other thread for more details, but there is an option in the ssl certificate section to choose a wildcard domain, and that will allow you to successfully test with a wildcard certificate. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000