question

omniron avatar image
omniron asked

Abysmally bad voice recognition the past 2 weeks?

Not sure if my unit is broken, but has anyone else noticed worse recognition the past 2 weeks? I'm almost wondering if the mics in my Echo are somehow failing or bad. I wish there was a better way to test this.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lucas avatar image
Lucas answered
I sometime get the "Sorry I'm having a technical problem right now", but other than that, my Amazon Echo is still detecting correctly. Have you done the voice training of your unit?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark E. Fogle avatar image
Mark E. Fogle answered
Have you used the Echo app to view the dialog history and listen to the interactions to hear whether there's a problem with the quality? That might help determine whether there's a problem with the microphones in your device. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201602040
10 |5000

omniron avatar image
omniron answered
Yeah, i have looked at this, and have been submitting feedback. I have done the voice training. Do we know if the voice training is profile specific? My SO and I both use the Echo and both have done voice training. Seems like Echo gets things right the first time about 50% of the time. It doesn't seem to matter if i'm 3ft away or 10ft, the accuracy level is about the same. I know I have a fairly neutral accent, my SO has a very southern accent, but both of us have about the same luck. As a diagnostic, I wish Echo could record a phrase and play it back.
10 |5000

memo@amazon avatar image
memo@amazon answered
Hi omniron, Like Mike mentioned, you can listen to what Echo heard by navigating to Settings > History from echo.amazon.com (this also works from the iOS/ Android companion app). Additionally each time a Card is displayed, there is a "more" button, if you click on it you can also playback what it heard. Cheers,
10 |5000