question

A. Railean avatar image
A. Railean asked

Logging communications with the application endpoint

Hi, We're developing an application for Echo and have gone through the steps explained in the tutorial. However, when we address Alexa to invoke the skill, she says "I am unable to reach the requested skill". I am looking at the logs of my web-server to see if there are any incoming requests - there are none; thus I suspect the problem is something that happens outside the "jurisdiction" of my web application or web server. Is there any console I can check to see Alexa's point of view and figure out what is going wrong? Ideally I would like to see some kind of a log that resembles that of a web-server, revealing the size of the payload, the type of request and the address to which it was sent. The web-server in question is [i]nginx[/i]. I assumed this could be related to my SSL certificate, so I kept an eye on nginx's error log to see if there are any references to TLS handshake issues - but nothing like that is in the log. Based on my current observations, there's simply nothing coming my way, so I would really like to know what Alexa thinks about it.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I'm not aware of any log that Alexa provides. One approach would be to verify your end point using EchoSim. It won't go through Alexa, but it will verify that *something* can call it. https://github.com/jjaquinta/EchoSim
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lucas avatar image
Lucas answered
When that happens, take a look at the Echo mobile app, you will have the error. That's how I was able to debug my own app. Hope this helps, Lucas
10 |5000

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
The Alexa SDK development team confirms that no logs are exposed when the skill is being hosted from a web server.
10 |5000