question

Sudhindra avatar image
Sudhindra asked

Unable to call remote endpoint or the response is invalid

I have been looking at some of the other threads with a similar issue on the forum. I am running my skill in an azure website. What I notice is that the simulator doesnot call my skill and it simply shows "Unable to call remote endpoint or the response is invalid" How do I know that , you ask ? I have application insights configured for my skill which will log every request and I dont see any requests, when i see the error in amazon. Another workaround suggested is to use an echo to test. and check for the call in alexa.amazon.com, I don't have an echo handy and I am in process of procuring one. In the mean time, if someone from amazon does indeed read this, Is there some dashboard, where i can see ,what exactly the error is ? Some verbose log which will tell me what's going wrong. Scanning through forums, to figure out what the one liner amazon response means is highly inefficient and time consuming.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer answered
I found taking the JSON from the testing area on the Amazon Dev portal and then using that as the test case on Lambda shows the errors. Lambda will show you the error output where the dev console doesn't.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.