question

David Smith avatar image
David Smith asked

Getting frustrated with setting up a skill

No matter what I do I get (the dns entries in the certificate presented do not match the target endpoint resource) I have a GoDaddy server with both a self signed certificate and a certified one that I am trying neither work. My skill calls a .php file to request from a .py file both of which are on the root of the server. No matter where I point the endpoint to I get this error. Honeywell Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.58c14eb9-6b5d-4510-b621-38cbe6e26b29 The DNS entries in the certificate presented do not match the target endpoint Resource [ https://dave2home142.com/home/dave2142/echo.php], Type [HTTP] I am trying to control my Honeywell WiFi thermostat. I know all the .php and .py code work. Just trying to get the request to work is a real pain.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
You can always do what everyone else does: create a Lambda function to proxy to your server. Then you don't have to deal with the pain of SSL certificates.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Smith avatar image
David Smith answered
I am not familiar with any of the lambda stuff. Any recommendations on a good set of instructions?
10 |5000

Galactoise avatar image
Galactoise answered
What we found was that the DNS.1 entry was vital for a self-signed certificate, while having the skill name in the cert was not. My team spent quite a bit of time struggling with this - via a lot of trial and error - to the point that once we got something to work we wrote a script around those exact steps and now we don't touch it. This really is a pain point for development.
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
If you develop in Javascript, look for Matt's stuff. If you develop in Java, look for my stuff. There's a few threads on it.
10 |5000