question

hichamt avatar image
hichamt asked

SSML Not the same behaviour with the Echo and AVS

Hi I am facing something strange, whan I use SSML along with the audio tag Here is my SSML: Good answer! Lets try another one In the Echo it's working like a charm But In AVS I only hear the MP3 not the TTS here is the id of the log : http://echo.amazon.com/#settings/dialogs/A1BE86YEEGYC6N#1448558995991 any idea ? BR
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Galactoise avatar image
Galactoise answered
When you say "AVS" are you asking about Alexa Voice Service, or the new Alexa Voice Simulator? If it's the simulator, I believe the announcement of the tool said that the audio tag doesn't work properly in the simulator. If it's the voice service (and your ssml works fine via the echo), you might be better off asking one of the voice simulator forums.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

WangChao@Amazon avatar image
WangChao@Amazon answered
Hi, Thanks for bringing this up. It has been escalated to appropriate internal team for investigation. We will update you really soon.
10 |5000

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
@Galactoise, I was meaning Alexa Voice Services, and your are right I should ask it in AVS section ;) @WangChao thanks a lot
10 |5000

hichamt avatar image
hichamt answered
Friends, Seems that it was on our side, Since the introduction of the SSML audio tag, we receive several elements in the payload when we have a mix of TTS/mp3. The appropriate behavior is to extract all the payload elements and to play them one by one. Best, Hicham
10 |5000