question

Steve A avatar image
Steve A asked

Skill Metrics Offline?

I just noticed that the skill metrics page in the dev portal shows no usage of either of my skills for the last 22 hours. This is *radically* out of line with normal usage. So, either the skills are offline (though I can still invoke them), or skill metrics are offline. Has anyone else noticed this on their skill metrics? Steve
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Just in case it wasn't clear in the original post, absolutely everything looks normal (logs, etc) on my end.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sanyu avatar image
Sanyu answered
Hi Steve, The ASK team is looking into this. Will get back to you with an update when I hear more. Thanks, sanyu
10 |5000

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
Just to add/confirm this is impacting myself (same timeframe) too; you're not alone Steve! Had a mini-panic this morning when I was in the portal, but my logs and external monitoring + alerting are reporting everything is working plus I've tested a couple of invocations just in case :)
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Thanks, James. Good to hear (well, bad to hear...but you get the idea.) I was 99% sure it was just a monitoring thing, but it's good to get confirmation.
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Ha ha. Same here. I went and checked my skills in a panic. (Most of them run through the same web service.) But, whew, looks like one of Amazon's pipes is broken. Speaking of which, I was messing with the Dynamo database I used for Starlanes. They have a feature where a change in the database can trigger a lambda function. They also have things where it can regularly dump data to S3. Pretty nifty. Right now I have to flush my logs manually. If things pick up it's nice to know that feature is there. Anyway. I suspect they are using something like this for their metrics. And just one of the pipes burst.
10 |5000

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Looks like they are back.
10 |5000

James Chivers answered
Ack; I'm seeing current data plus back-fill during outage. Thanks!
10 |5000

James Chivers answered
I think they broke again ~4 hours ago since 1600UTC / 0800PST, I've no plot points on either graph.
10 |5000