question

A.B. avatar image
A.B. asked

What does it take for FTV app to show under "Games > Brain & Puzzle"?

Couple of weeks ago i published on Amazon an app ( www.amazon.com//dp/B00ZZJP2TK) that is for FireTV only (i.e. other Androids are excluded; it was written with remote and gamepad in mind only so far). Here is the odd thing though - while the listing shows if one types "tangrams firetv" in the general search box of Amazon or even in "Games" category, it does NOT show up in "Brain & Puzzle" subcategory? I can see that under General Info in the portal i have properly set Category = Games > Brain & Puzzle. However when doing a search in the "Brain & Puzzle" category on the web: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=node%3D9408533011&field-keywords=tangrams - app does not show up. How is this possible if indexing is automatic? Or is there some manual step (presumably on Amazon side) that got bungled? 11/1 i posted the question in the FTV forum, here - https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=25044 - but no response so far. So i am posting here in hope this forum has higher traffic - and it seems the issue might be more general, my first theory it might be "FTV only" seems proven wrong by observation on another FTV-only app.
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Leia@Amazon avatar image
Leia@Amazon answered
Thank you for your feedback. We will reply to your email with an update in order to assist you.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

A.B. avatar image
A.B. answered
Looking forward to it! For the record, your case#1534355401, And btw, what i posted is a "question", not "feedback". My feedback would be that it boggles the mind Amazon having (a) an automated system that can "lose" app's category and (b) having dev.support that still cannot find out what happened, 20 days and counting...
10 |5000