question

Steve A avatar image
Steve A asked

Please fix: Account Linking Broken on Published Skills

I got some emails from users saying that they could not enable my skill. Sure enough, account linking on two skills doesn't seem to be working, though I haven't changed anything on my end. Clicking 'enable' skill produces a message that says: "An error occurred while attempting to link with the skill. Please try again later." Oddly, the skills is actually enabled! The "enable" button changes to "disable", and the user can access the skill. Account linking cards supplied by the skill work fine, even after the error message. Since there's logic in the skill to go back and change the information that was supposed to supplied during account linking (via account linking cards) the skill is actually totally usable (but the user wouldn't know it, given the error message.) I check another devs skill that uses linking, and he gets the same error. Given that the skill works just fine, account linking cards still work, etc., I suspect this is a problem on Amazon's end.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Just to confirm, this is affecting all skills with account linking. I've verified that's it's happening with other users as well. So, the skills seem to be borked, along with skill metrics. (And, tangentially, IFTTT integration as well.)
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
The development team is aware of the current issue with account linking and is actively working on a solution.
10 |5000

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
This issue has been resolved. Account linking should now work as expected.
10 |5000

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
Account Linking is still broken. This is impacting both dev and live skills e.g. FreeBusy, Quick Events, Automatic, etc.
10 |5000

James Chivers avatar image
James Chivers answered
Account Linking has started working for me again just minutes ago. I'll carry on testing as I work on my own skill development but if you're working on the assumption that it's been all-good, it hasn't and probably needs checking :)
10 |5000

Stefan Negritoiu avatar image
Stefan Negritoiu answered
Steven and James should get some sort of Alexa DevOps badge :) Happy New Year!
10 |5000