question

Steve A avatar image
Steve A asked

Account Linked but Access Token not showing up

I'm sure I'm being dumb on this one. I've set up account linking for a test skill. I enable the app in the Alexa app, it takes me to my redirect page. I submit the page and I get get the response "Account successfully linked." Here's the part where I'm being dumb, I guess. At this point, shouldn't Amazon have saved the access token I generated and submitted to link the accounts? When I then send a launch request using the service simulator, I don't see the access_token I generated in the JSON. Since this was just a quick test, I didn't add any logic to save the token I generated (Nor did I submit any information on my webpage.) But I thought the idea was that ultimately I'd check the access token I saved for the user against the one that Amazon supplies in the launch/intent request. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Okay, I was being dumb. I was assuming the service simulator would show the accessToken in its JSON, but no. The accessToken is returned if you use Alexa, but not the simulator Is there any reason why the simulator won't return a (more) complete JSON. It would be very helpful.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, The service simulator now supports the accessToken attribute now. It also supports launch requests and session ended requests. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Nick, Actually, the access token is not showing up for me in the service simulator. It just shows a null value. In fact, though, the token is getting passed (though occasionally it doesn't, since my skill will randomly tell me I need to link my account, though then it works fine again on the next command I send.) I'm not using lambda. Steve
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, This has now been fixed, thanks everyone for your patience. -Nick
10 |5000

echonewbie avatar image
echonewbie answered
Hi Steve, Sorry to be bugging you but it seems like you got in the right track of account linking. I'm trying to set it up but I keep on getting the error "Unable to link your Skill. Please try again later." Did you ever encounter such error and how were you able to fix it? Also, did you have to publish your Skill in production to test the account linking or even if the Skill is in developer status it should work fine? Thank you!
10 |5000

justin avatar image
justin answered
Hi echonewbie, I have replied to the other thread you have posted on, please let us know if you are facing anymore issues! You do not have to publish your skill to test account linking, and being in test mode will work fine (just make sure to test enabling and disabling your skill in order to re-trigger the default linking process). Thanks, Justin
10 |5000