question

Pizzaeater avatar image
Pizzaeater asked

Re: Amazon Echo Request - Need a way to pass a phone number to alexa

I can't seem to find the "Amazon echo forum", so please point me to it if I'm doing something wrong. It doesn't show up as a forum for me. I'm participating in the Amazon echo developer's beta. I've got it calling my service fine, however I'm having problems getting alexa to accept a phone number, and pass it to my service. I've tried using a single NUMBER slot, and I've tried 10 separate NUMBER slots. With 10 separate NUMBER slots I have to explicitly say the single number defined in the utterance in each slot to get the intent to fire. With a single NUMBER slot I don't get the complete number, just first 6 digits sometimes, or sometimes a random number, or sometimes it doesn't fire at all. It seems if I have more than a single NUMBER slot in an intent definition I can only get the intent to trigger if I explicitly say the number put in the utterance definition for each slot. Below is the last thing I've tried. I've also tried using "zero one two three four five six seven eight nine" as the number string as well. "intent": "TrackPhoneNumberIntent", "slots": [ { "name": "NumberA", "type": "NUMBER" } ] TrackPhoneNumberIntent my phone number is {seven three four six zero four nine six zero nine|NumberA} TrackPhoneNumberIntent number {seven three four six zero four nine six zero nine|NumberA}
alexa skills kitvoice-user interface
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, One suggestion would be trying to use a LITERAL slot for the intent instead of a number. This may require parsing from a string to a number, but it should pose less recognition issues. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.