question

Steve A avatar image
Steve A asked

Maximum number of slots per utterance?

Assuming one can get enough utterance examples to provide good coverage, does the number of slots per utterance have any effect on recognition accuracy (adverse of otherwise?)
alexa skills kitvoice-user interface
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
[i]does the number of slots per utterance have any effect on recognition accuracy (adverse of otherwise?)[/i] As long as the user uses the correct utterance syntax, Echo should recognize all of the slots.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Fawn@Amazon avatar image
Fawn@Amazon answered
In general, there is no specific maximum, but the more slots you have, the more chance there will be for recognition errors with the slotting. For example, if you wanted an utterance something like: can i buy {bananas|Item} at {piggly wiggly|Store} at {ten p. m.|StoreHour} on a {tuesday|Day} you would probably be ok as long as you had a lot of training data and didn't have any (or much) overlap between what could go into the different slots. However, if you wanted to do something where you might have overlap between the slots, you could run into problems. An example that could be problematic would be: can i buy {two|Number} {bananas|Item} at {piggly wiggly|Store} at {two|StoreHour} on a {tuesday|Day} and at {two|StoreHour} on {tuesday|Day} can i get {bananas|Item} at {piggly wiggly|Store} In these examples, you could have variation in where users put the slots in the utterance and overlap in the slot values, which could lead to confusion for the models and lead to lower success rates overall.
10 |5000