question

kavehg avatar image
kavehg asked

Updating Slot_Types

Hi, Is there any way to update the Slot_Types without reconfiguring the Alexa Skill by going to developer portal and edit the existing skill? Let say I have defined: some_sentence_..._{home|mySlotType} and now I want to add more entries like some_sentence_..._{office|mySlotType}, but without having to repeat all above steps. I bet the answer is NO given very limited functionalities I have seen in your SDK but thought to ask here to become certain. Cheers, Kaveh
alexa skills kitvoice-user interface
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
You are right, the answer is "no". You can only update it from the web UI. They are fixed at skill registration time.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

memo@amazon avatar image
memo@amazon answered
Hi, jjaquinta is correct, you can only modify this from the Developer Portal, as your interaction model is re-built every time you make a modification. This is akin to changing code that is in production, and Skills should be re-sumitted for certification if changes are made. Thanks,
10 |5000