question

Rob Righter avatar image
Rob Righter asked

App Commands Error with "Sorry I'm having a technical problem right now"

I am building an app that talks to the Chamberlain MyQ garage door controller and power switch controller. I had been able to get app commands working in the past but about a week ago my app stopped processing commands. The Launch Request is working fine, but after any subsequent commands alexa says "Sorry I'm having a technical problem right now". When I look at the logs of my HTTP service I see the launch request come through but it appears that the intent requests are not being made to my server. So it seems like this error is happening before amazon even makes the request to my service. If it is helpful, I have pasted in my intent schema below: The sequence of events is as follows: (1) I say: "Alexa, open myQ" (2) Alexa replies with "Yes" (3) I say "Status of the garage door" (4) Alexa says "Sorry I'm having a technical problem right now" (same thing happens with any of the other example phrases) { "intents": [ { "intent": "Status", "slots": [ { "name": "Name", "type": "LITERAL" } ] }, { "intent": "Open", "slots": [ { "name": "Name", "type": "LITERAL" } ] }, { "intent": "Close", "slots": [ { "name": "Name", "type": "LITERAL" } ] }, { "intent": "TurnOn", "slots": [ { "name": "Name", "type": "LITERAL" } ] }, { "intent": "TurnOff", "slots": [ { "name": "Name", "type": "LITERAL" } ] } ] } Status of the {garage door|Name} Status of the {lamp|Name} Open the {garage door|Name} Close the {garage door|Name} TurnOn the {lamp|Name} TurnOff the {lamp|Name}
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tkoba@amazon avatar image
tkoba@amazon answered
Hi, Is the same issue still occurring on your Alexa app? If so, please try rebooting the Echo device and see if that fixes the issue. If that still doesn't fix it, please let us know which version of the Alexa lib are you using for your app.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anil avatar image
Anil answered
Also, I believe your intents need to be expanded. The intent's name is not part of the matched phrase. So instead of: [i] Status of the {garage door|Name} Status of the {lamp|Name} [/i] try: [i] Status status of the {garage door|Name} Status status of the {lamp|Name} [/i] [b]Feedback for Amazon:[/b] It would really be nice to have separate the intent name from the matching phrase with something other than a space. I've made the above mistake more than once, and it's a tricky mistake to catch, especially when you have many intents. Is prefer something like: [Status] status of the {lamp|Name}
10 |5000