question

Tom avatar image
Tom asked

ARN to URL and auth. token?

How do I translate this ARN into a URL that I can send requests to? Function ARN arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:171512567890:function:hello-world Also, how do I get the initial auth. token? From the AWS Lambda dashboard? How do I send that token back -- in the JSON or in a header field? I tried this but got this: GET https://lambda.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/171512567890/hello-world -- response -- 403 Forbidden Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 18:19:49 GMT x-amzn-RequestId: 1f5cc166-0a1d-11c5-a42b-4120fe078bed Content-Length: 127 Connection: keep-alive Missing Authentication Token Best, Tom
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greg Crawford avatar image
Greg Crawford answered
If you want your Alexa app to call the lambda function, you indicate the ARN of the function in the configuration for your Alexa app - in the App Information section under App Endpoint (there is a radio button to check). I am not sure that you can call the lambda function from a client (i.e. a browser, or curl) using a URL.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Lambda is not designed to be called via URL, and is not supported. As G. Crawford said, you would put the ARN in the app endpoint field when making your application, and any requests made to your application will be directed to the lambda function you have specified. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000