question

Matt Kruse avatar image
Matt Kruse asked

Session attribute does not persist across multiple intent requests?

If I set a session.attribute in a response, I see it correctly in the next request. But if I keep the session open and make a 3rd request, the attribute does not get sent. Is this the expected behavior? My impression of a 'session' attribute would be that it gets sent for every subsequent request. But it looks I need to re-set it on every response in order for it to show up in the next request. Has anyone else seen this behavior?
alexa skills kitdebugging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greg Crawford avatar image
Greg Crawford answered
I see the same behavior. The attributes are forwarded to the 2nd request but not the 3rd, 4th... It is easy enough to just re-set the attributes before issuing the response, but I admit it is mildly confusing to call them session attributes when they only persist to the next request.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, The session attributes will only be sent from the most recent response. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000